I was recently introduced to WLAG's from Todd Durkin, a great method to help plan out your week.
WLAG's stands for:
- "Wins" of the past week.
- "Losses" of the past week.
- "Aha" moments from the past week.
- "Goals" of the upcoming week.
All-in-all, it probably takes about 20-30 minutes to complete.
Wins and losses from the past week allow us to pause and reflect for a few minutes on what was accomplished or didn't get accomplish. It puts us in a more reflective and present state of mind versus always just thinking "what's next?" What did you accomplished, and what got missed?
"Ahas" simply give us an opportunity to go a little deeper and think about any moments from the previous week that made you stop in your tracks or made an important impression on you.
For example, my "ahas" from this past week are:
- "So proud of Kayla. I loved watching her prepare for her class presentation next week, how she lights up when she sees her friends, and her dedication to dance and gymnastics."
- "Loved getting back to camp, talking with campers and hearing their focus on nutrition, planning out fat loss foods, the questions I've gotten on various distinctions with eating the right foods, etc."
And finally, write out your GOALS for the upcoming week. "Goals" are simply what you WILL accomplish in the next 7 days. While I typically put down 15-20 things on my "To Do" list for the week, I narrow it to a BIG 2 - 5 for the week. These are the 2-5 things that MUST get done this week, regardless of what else comes along.
Planning your week is vitally important and will set you up for successful days and a successful week. And I believe that a successful week starts BEFORE the week actually starts.
Take a few minutes out of your Sunday and do some "WLAG's." And if you would like to share them with someone in camp, your instructor, or your family, it makes it even that much more powerful.
Have an inspired Sunday!
Your friend in fitness,
HealthStyle Fitness, Inc. | 4700 Smith Road Suite C, Cincinnati, OH 45212 | 513-407-4665, x-105 | www.CincinnatiFitness.com