I often think of the fourth week of Adventure Boot Camp as our championship week. It's the week where everything comes together. We've built a great foundation in the first three weeks, then the final week we go all out, working our muscles to capacity, maxing out our cardiovascular training, and raising the game with nutrition. We have a fantastic championship week in store!
Speaking of championship, here are some intriguing Super Bowl Facts for the game on Sunday:
- One 30-second commercial aired during the Super Bowl costs at least $2,800,000
- Of the top 10 most watched American TV programs of all time, nine of them are Super Bowls
- 8 million pounds of guacamole are consumed during the Super Bowl!
- Nearly 15,000 tons chips are consumed (yes, that's TONS of chips)
- Super Bowl is officially the biggest eating "holiday" of the year, recently surpassing Thanksgiving in some research
- The Super Bowl is measured in Roman numerals because a football season runs over two calendar years
- Its estimated that $50 million is spent on Super Bowl Sunday food alone
- The average American eats approximately 1500 calories during the Super Bowl game. That's not counting calories before the game. When you consider that most women who are striving to lose or maintain weight, 1500 calories is generally a good number to strive for throughout an entire day (+ or -).
- Over 700,000 footballs are produced annually for official NFL use and 72 of them are used for the Super Bowl. Hopefully all 72 will be inflated to NFL standards for this game. :)
- Last year's Super Bowl between Seattle and Denver set a record for the most-watched television event in U.S. history.
- The NFL has a policy against holding Super Bowl games in stadiums that have a climate of less than 50 degrees Fahrenheit, unless it is an enclosed stadium. The NFL awarded the new MetLife Stadium in New Jersey an exception to the policy for last year's Super Bowl.
If you're hosting a Super Bowl party, or attending one with snack in hand, head over to the Adventure Boot Camp Facebook page for some healthier, yet very tasty, options that your family, friends, guests or host will love: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cincinnati-and-Dayton-Ohio-Adventure-Boot-Camp-for-Women/155829614449268?sk=notes
Your friend in fitness,
HealthStyle Fitness, Inc. | 4700 Smith Road Suite C, Cincinnati, OH 45212 | 513-407-4665, x-105 | www.CincinnatiFitness.com