We all know how important stretching is, but most of us don't do it every day.
It's one of those things we don't think about until we start experiencing pain or tightness somewhere in our body.
But… rather than thinking of stretching just as "injury prevention" or as a "have-to" task, what about thinking of it as a way to improve performance?
Or as a way to reduce stress?
How about to help you feel more energized & refreshed throughout the day?
These are just some of the benefits of mobility & flexibility, and we can take simple steps throughout the day, anytime, anywhere.
Your challenge this week is to get in a minimum of seven minutes DAILY of mobility/flexibility work for the next 7 days (starting today!)
When can you get this done?
- watching TV
- while on a conference call
- when you wake up in the morning
- right before bed
- while you're sitting at your desk!
- I love this hamstring stretch in a doorway, not only is an outstanding stretch, you can text, check email, talk on the phone and read a book or magazine all while lengthening the back of your leg!
- Same idea for your hip flexors, this kneeing hip flexor stretch allows you to watch the weather on TV, or use your phone to correspond to email or update your calendar!
We have 96 increments of 15 minutes in a 24-hour day. Use half of one of those for this challenge and you will see an improvement in your performance, stress levels, and feel less pain during the day.
Who's in for the 7-minute mobility and flexibility challenge for the NEXT 7 days?!
Your friend in fitness,
HealthStyle Fitness, Inc. | 4700 Smith Road Suite C, Cincinnati, OH 45212 | 513-407-4665, x-105 | www.CincinnatiFitness.com