Welcome to the FIRST Day of Spring!
In honor of the first day of spring, next week's challenge is a little twist on the traditional "Spring Cleaning."
We're going to Spring Clean (detox) our BODIES!
All this means, if you're up for the challenge, is we're going to eliminate eating processed foods, drink a lot of water, and focus on eating "clean" this week.
By doing this, you'll be eliminating toxins, getting rid of sugar cravings, and "resetting" your body.
There's a lot going on during this challenge, but the benefits are HUGE, so here's what's in store …
Spring Cleaning Rules:
1. Green Smoothie for Breakfast: This will get your day off to an energizing start!
Here's a great recipe to try: In a blender, place 4 ice cubes, 6-8 oz. water, 1 huge handful fresh baby spinach, 1 heaping tsp. cacao powder, 1 handful frozen blueberries, 1/2 frozen banana, and 1 scoop of protein powder. Blend and enjoy! (You can use this one or any recipe with greens in it!)
2. Drink at LEAST 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water each day. Water consumed during your workouts does not count towards your daily total.
Keep it interesting. Find a fun glass that you like and switch it up by adding sliced cucumber, strawberries, lemon, orange slices or other natural flavors to your water.
3. Have a large salad for lunch. Load it up with veggies- as much as you want. Add about 4-6 ounces of protein (chicken, turkey, etc.) Stay away from the iceberg- as it contains very few nutrients than spinach or a baby greens mix.
For dressing, squeeze a fresh lemon over your salad. If that won't cut it for you, make a vinaigrette.
Here's a great recipe: 1 cup extra virgin olive oil, ? cup good quality aged balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbs. dried parsley, ½ tsp. sea salt, Freshly ground pepper to taste, 1 Tbs. honey mustard (organic if possible), 1 garlic clove, passed through a garlic press or minced (optional). Add all ingredients into a bowl & whisk until thick and creamy.
4. Dinner: A palm sized portion of a grilled/baked/steamed protein (like chicken, turkey or fish) and 2 servings of vegetables.
5. Get 6-8 hours of sleep every night. Make an effort to go to bed earlier if you're not getting enough sleep. Rest and recovery is critical for your body to get the most out of your 5-day detox.
6. Exercise for at least 30 minutes for 5 or more of the next 7 days. Use the Adventure Boot Camp FitDeck, go for a run, or use use my Twenty Fifteen Challenge for a FAST Fifteen Minute Killer workout!
7. Other Basics:
- Caffeine: limit to 1 cup (if you need MORE, opt for green tea).
- Need a snack: Apple with 1 Tbs. Almond Butter (NOT peanut butter), handful raw nuts, or Fresh veggies with 2 Tbs. homemade guacamole
- No dairy (or VERY limited)
- No Wheat products of any kind- breads, pasta, cookies, cakes, etc.
- Focus on the OUTCOME of what you want. Focus on feeling good, healthy, and energetic. Don't focus on foods that will distract you from your goal, better yet, remove those foods from your house!
That's it! Not so bad, right!?
Your friend in fitness,
HealthStyle Fitness, Inc. | 4700 Smith Road Suite C, Cincinnati, OH 45212 | 513-407-4665, x-105 | www.CincinnatiFitness.com